Wednesday 19 May 2010

Mascara of the Moment: Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care (Rant/Review)


Sometimes I find my eye lids becoming slightly red and puffy after a long day of mascara covered lashes irritating them, so when I seen that Bourjois had added a sensitive mascara to their already hefty range I was willing to give it a go and purchased Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Care in 'Noir Black' - RRP £8.00, but I believe I got it on offer ;-)


So, I have been using this for a few weeks now and would definitely purchase it again. Within this time I have not experienced one day of irritated eyes, therefore it has obviously been keeping my peepers happy! As far as the actual effect of the mascara I find that it does just the same job as the normal Bourjois 'Ultra Glamour' mascara - creating a decent amount of volume and separation on the lashes which lasts until the end of my working day. Also it does not leave a horrible black creasing/smudging under the eyes after a long day which I see on some womans poor under eyes.

Overall, I would say that I have tried better mascaras as far as volume and 'glamour' go. It is not THE most vollumising mascara in the world but I use this more for general daily wear for a natural pretty eyed look and reserving a more dramatic effect mascara for weekends and nights out. One other less desirable point to note is that this one clumps a little on the brush end, meaning I really have to scrape it off on the top inside of the tube as I pull it out to stop a clump coming out on the end of the wand which would effectively transfer on my eyes creating a not so lovely gloopy clumpy look (I hate when that happens!)

Basically, the main point of me buying this one was for its kindness to eyes and I believe it delivers... :-)


Have you guys tried any other 'Sensitive' mascaras that would be worthwhile?

No comments:

Post a Comment