Monday 5 July 2010

NYC C.O. Bigelow Haul

In one of my previous posts I had mentioned my like of C.O. Bigelow (in the 'Product Love: C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve' post.)

It all started with a C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine purchased in Bath & Body Works during one of my trips to visit family in the US...

Bath & Body Works very wisely stock a limited amount of C.O. Bigelow Products and it was there that I sampled one of their Mentha Lip Shines for the first time. That day I bought one of these lippies (the 'Cinnamint' flavour to be precise) and left a happy shopper, not realising the extent of the C.O. Bigelow range that I had never came across before. I brought my little purchase back to the UK with me and found that this quickly slipped into my list of essential beauty items, to be carried around with me at all times. I loved the smell, taste and impact this had on my lips - keeping them moisturised and in good condition. My single tube soon ran dry however and I was desperate to get back to purchase some more!

The next time I ventured over to the good old US of A I hit one of the larger malls and made my way to the Bath & Body Works store for my Mentha Lip Shine beauty fix. It was on my way that I came across an absolute beauty mine! A free standing C.O. Bigelow shop - and a large sumptuous looking one at that! Sleek in black & white and packed full of luxurious looking products. Like a kid in a sweet shop I ventured in with eyes bulging. That day I purchased several more Mentha Lip Shines in various flavours and colours and smelled, touched and trialled a vast range of the other products that lined the shelves. I found the claims and ingredients lists on the bottles to be impressive and enjoyed the majority of the lotions and potions tried that day. I left with one other unexpected purchase - the devine Bigelow Lemon Body Cream and several samples given to me by the pleasant staff. If it hadn't been for my set budget and mid t0 higher range prices I would have bought a lot more on that trip but remained happy with the chance to get more of my highly regarded Mentha Lip Shines!

Since then at my every visit to the US I ensure that I get to a Bigelow store to stock up on Mentha Lip Shines and try out more of their goodies that never fail to satisfy.

Fast forward a few months from my last US trip to visit the fam I find my most recent chance to visit a C.O. Bigelow store, and in no other than the amazing city of New York! With cash to burn and a pre researched list of products in mind that had been eyed up online I found myself purchasing the pictured below;


Here you can see the Bigelow Power Berry Mask, Rice & Bamboo Gentle Dermabrasion, Coconut Body Lotion, Rose Water Skin Tonic and of course a selection of my beloved Mentha Lip Shines (in Magenta Mint, Spearmint and Cinnamint.)


My next posts will give my review on these goodies!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment